The CS4970xx Family are single-chip, 32-bit audio DSPs designed to meet the demanding processing tasks associated with high-definition audio standards of next-generation DVD systems from Blu-ray?. The CS4970xx decodes up to six surround-sound audio algorithms, including Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS Digital Surround, DTS-HD Master, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio and DTS Express any of which may be featured within high-definition DVD disc media. With its 32-bit, dual-core structure, the CS4970xx generates true parallel processing power of 1.8 giga operations per second (300 million instructions per second). Multiple audio formats also present myriad clock frequency challenges, to which the CS4970xx adeptly manages via an advanced phase-lock-loop (PLL) that generates a system clock source. The CS4970xx also offers such post-processing algorithms as Dolby Pro Logic IIx, DTS 96/24, DTS Neo:6, MPEG-2 AAC LC 5.1 Channel, SRS Circle Surround II, Dolby Headphone, Dolby Virtual Speaker, SRS TruSurround XT and THX? Ultra2, which are built into the IC’s on-chip ROM. The CS4970xx also provides support for HDMI 1.4a, the emerging digital audio and video interconnect standard that is used to send digital audio and video signals among home theater equipment, such as A/V receivers, DVD players and flat-panel televisions. Support for home audio applications is through a third party. Please contact your local sales representative for information.
CIRRUS ROCKS® CIRRUS® ENGINEERED TO ROCK® INNOVATION THAT ROCKS®
- Multi-standard 32-bit High Definition audio decoding plus post processing
- Supports high definition audio formats including:
- Dolby Digital Plus
- Dolby TrueHD
- DTS-HD High Resolution Audio
- DTS-HD Master Audio
- DTS Express
- Framework? Applications Library in ROM
- Dolby Digital? EX, Dolby? Pro Logic? IIx, Dolby Headphone?, Dolby Virtual Speaker?
- DTS-ES 96/24?, DTS-ES? Discrete 6.1, DTSES? Matrix 6.1
- MPEG-2 AAC LC 5.1 Channel
- SRS? CircleSurround 2?, SRS TruSurround XT?, and SRS WOW?
- THX? Ultra2?, THX? ReEQ?
- Crossbar mixer, signal generator
- Advanced post-processor including: Quadruple Crossover 7.1 Channel Bass Manager, Tone Control, Multiband Parametric EQ, Delay, 1:2 Up-sampler, 1:4 Up-sampler, 2:1 Down-sampler, 4:1 Down-sampler
- Additional Framework? Applications for download
- Thomson MP3 Surround, DTS Neo:6?, DTS Neural Surround?, Cirrus Logic original multi-channel Surround 2 (COMS2), and more. Please contact your local FAE for more information on available applications.
- Up to 12 Channels of 32-bit serial audio input
- 16 Ch x 32-bit PCM out with dual 192 kHz SPDIF Tx
- Two SPI?/I2C? ports
- SDRAM and serial flash memory Support
|DSP Core Speed||150?MHz (600 M MAC/Sec)|
|Operating Temperature Range (°C)||0-70|