The 32-bit CS48520 and CS48540 audio DSPs are designed to enable unique digital signal processing audio software features for flat-panel digital television applications. The CS48520 and CS48540 ICs give OEMs a cost-effective and simple-to-design solution capable of providing an extensive selection of audio features that allow OEMs to provide consumers with enhanced audio features and maximize the flat-panel television’s overall audio system. The CS48520 provides four channels of in/out audio and is ideally designed for two or 2.1-channel stereo applications, whereas the CS48540 provides eight channels of in/out audio and is targeted for multi-channel systems. Among the consumer features that can be implemented using the CS48500 family: Multi-channel and virtual surround sound, Dynamic volume control, Enhanced listening modes, Bass management, Speaker and cabinet tuning, Automatic room equalization, A/V sync delay. To assist manufacturers, Cirrus Logic also provides DSP Composer?, a PC-based graphical interface software tool designed to give engineers a simple, powerful user interface from which to configure the audio processing performed by the ICs. Support for home audio applications is through a third party. Please contact your local sales representative for information.
CIRRUS ROCKS® CIRRUS® ENGINEERED TO ROCK® INNOVATION THAT ROCKS®
- Multi-channel 32-bit audio post processing at 150 MHz
- Up to 12 channels of 32-bit PCM input
- Up to 6 channels of DSD input (SACD)
- Up to 12 channels of 32-bit PCM output
- 192 kHz SPDIF Tx
- SPI?/I2C? main or secondary serial control port
- Low power standby: 350 μW
- Hardware watchdog timer
- Up to 19 GPIOs available
- Dual clock domains on PCM input
- Dual processing paths on PCM output
- Customer software security keys
- Large on-chip X, Y, and program RAM & ROM
- Programmable via DSP composer
- Licensed 3rd party audio processing algorithms in ROM
- Dolby Headphone? 2 & Dolby? Virtual Speaker?
- SRS TruSurround XT?
- Dolby? ProLogic? II & Dolby? ProLogic? IIx
- SRS? CSII?
- Cirrus Logic original surround
- Licensed 3rd party algorithms or custom firmware can be downloaded through SPI?/I2C?port
- Neural surround
- DTS Neo:6?
|Not Recommended for New Designs|